We have received clearance from the CDC and the Virginia Optometric Association to resume patient care. If you need an appointment, we now have openings in May. We expect demand to be high for these appointments so please call us right away if you need an exam. We are almost fully booked in June.
We are making the following changes to our office protocol to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff:
- Your car is the new waiting room. When you arrive, please call us and we will escort you to an exam room when we are ready.
- Please bring your own pen and a clean cloth mask.
- Please do not have anyone accompany you to the exam, except for minors and elderly patients needing assistance.
- We will take your temperature outside and ask you to complete a screening questionnaire for Covid-19.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer before entering the building.
- We are not currently fitting new contact lens patients. We can refit our existing patients.
- We are limiting the overall number of patients scheduled to maintain proper social distancing.
We have changed our office protocols to enhance your safety. These include:
- Increased sanitation protocols
- Removal of all magazines, pens, and any item that could be touched by a previous patient.
- As stated above, we no longer allow patients to sit in the waiting area.
- We have increased the time between patients to allow more thorough sanitation between patients.
- We will be screening our own staff daily for signs of Covid-19.
- Our staff will wear masks (and gloves if directly working with patients) as recommended by the CDC.
- All of our frames have been sanitized and will continue to be sanitized on a regular basis.
We are looking forward to seeing you at your next appointment. Thank you for trusting us with your eye care.
Helen Fure, OD